The dad replied, "Two."

 Delayed Obedience is Disobedience...


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." – Jeremiah 29:13.


+++


A boy told his father, "Dad, if three frogs were sitting on a limb that hung over a pool, and one frog decided to jump off into the pool, how many frogs would be left on the limb?"

"No," the son replied. "There's three frogs and one decides to jump, how many are left?"

The dad said, "Oh, I get it, if one decides to jump, the others would too. So there are none left."

The boy said, "No dad, the answer is three. The frog only DECIDED to jump."

+++

Sound familiar? We are great at making inspiring decisions, but oftentimes we only decide, and months later we are still on the same limb doing-nothing.

In Luke 9:57-62 we read a similar example of people only deciding:

“A man said to Jesus, “I will follow you wherever you go.”

Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”

Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

Bear in mind: Delayed obedience is disobedience.

May our time be abundant.

May our talents abound.

May our treasure be purpose-driven.

So that in all things, our God may be glorified.

- Obediently without delay…

Stay Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!