Harden Not Your Hearts......

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts" – Hebrews 4:7.

Do you want salvation? Do you want release from the burden of sin? Do you want the peace that passes all understanding? Do you want your sins washed away? Do you want to be a partaker of God's spiritual blessings?

If so, then hear the words of Jesus: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" – Matthew 11:28-30.

+++

A boy from the country was going to the city to get a job. Before he left, his mother said, "Son, I want you to promise me that you will go to church on Sunday." So he promised, and went to the city.

He worked the first week, became acquainted with some of the fellows there, and made some new friends. On the weekend his new friends invited him to go horseback riding with them on Sunday. He remembered his promise to his mother and he said, "Sorry, fellas, I can't do it." But they continued to pressure him and after a while he agreed to go.

Sunday morning came, and they began their horseback ride. Around 11:00, they rode into the city and as they were passing the church, bells announcing the services began to ring. Our boy could see his parents walking into their little home church in the country. He remembered his promise to his mother but he just kept on riding. The bells grew fainter.

When they got to the edge of town, the boy stopped and said, "Fellows, I come from a Christian family. My mother asked me to promise her I'd be in church today. I have noticed as we have been riding that the bells have been getting fainter and fainter. If we ride anymore, I won't be able to hear the bells. I'm going back while I can still hear them."

+++

Can you hear the bells of God's call ringing for you? If not, then you should listen to the author of Hebrews as he reflects upon the words of the Holy Spirit as He spoke through David: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts" Hebrews 4:7.

St Augustine says, “I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are very wise and very beautiful; but I never read in either of them: ‘Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden.’”

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6.

Don't let the NOISE of the world keep you from hearing the VOICE of God.

Stay Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!