Glorify God In Your Giving!

“I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.” — Matthew 25:45.

+++

The knock at our door came at about 9:00 p.m. There stood a thin, young Black man. “Reverend Weary, I’m hungry,” he said. “Could you loan me twenty dollars to get some food?”

Many negative thoughts ran through my mind. Is he really hungry, or is he only looking for money to buy alcohol or drugs? Is he hungry because he spent all of his money on alcohol or drugs and then expects me to feed him? How could I be sure the man begging for money wouldn't use it for drugs?

Usually, if someone comes to my door asking for a handout, I take him to the store and buy some food. But with the house full of visitors, I had to make a quick judgment. So I prayed, 'Lord, use this gift to bless this man.'

“Reverend Weary,” he said, “I’m going to pay you back.” “No,” I said, “this is a gift from God. Use it to glorify Christ.” He walked away, and I returned to my guests.

I was feeling a little uneasy, more questions running through my mind. But none of that mattered. In the person of that beggar, Jesus wasn’t asking me to be a social worker, a psychologist or a judge. He was asking me to give, as best I could, and to leave the results to Him.

+++

Romans 2:6-8, “God ‘will repay each person according to what they have done. To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.”

“Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.” – Ecclesiastes 11:6.

You do the Sowing, He will do the Growing.

Stay Blessed!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!