Popular posts from this blog
Materialism…
"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." – Luke 12:15. What is Materialism? “It’s a desire for making wealth, material possessions and physical comfort more important than spiritual matters.” +++ One day the US President, Abraham Lincoln was walking down the street in Springfield holding the hands of his two sons, both of whom were crying lustily. They would not stop crying even though he tried pacifying them. A neighbour, who was watching this scene, asked Lincoln, "What's the matter with the boys, Abe?" Lincoln replied, "The matter with them is the matter with the world. ‘One has a nut, and the other one wants it.’" +++ Need I say more? Our Scripture for today says it all. Isn't it true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude towards life -- you've got everything! But ...
I AM, WHO I AM…
“God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." – Exodus 3:14. We see the eternity of God in the name He revealed to Moses: "I AM WHO I AM." What does this mean? At the very least it means that God is self-existent. He is original, the cause, the root, the great mover, the well-spring of all that there is. Many people, especially children, have trouble understanding this. You will probably recognize the following conversation as sounding like one in your own home: +++ "Mommy, who made me?" "God made you, darling." "Well, Mommy, who made the sky and the trees?" "God made the sky and the trees. God made everything." "Mommy, who made God?" One mother who was approached about this dropped what she was doing and sat down with her youngster for a little talk. Pointing to her wedding band, she said, "This is a 'love ring,' which your daddy gave to me when we were married. Look at it closely and tell me where it begins ...

Comments
Post a Comment