So Near, Yet So Far…

 "Taste and see that the LORD [God] is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." – Psalm 34:8.

+++


In my younger days, I walked more than a hundred miles to see Niagara Falls. When I was about seven miles from the Falls, I heard what I thought might be the thunder of the crashing waters. When I asked a man working on his house if these were the falls that I could hear, the man replied, "It could be, but I don't know because I've never been there!"

Amazing! So near yet so far!

Again a man grew up in Queensland, Australia, the state where the Great Barrier Reef is. It is one of the wonders of the world and he had never seen it until a few years ago! When he lived there, he took it for granted and never bothered to see it for himself. Now he lives in Southern California and is amazed at how many locals have never visited Yosemite or the Grand Canyon. Jokingly he tells them that they have "sinned"—by not seeing and experiencing these breath-taking marvels of God's creation.


+++


Even more amazing is the fact that so many more have never bothered to taste of the goodness of the LORD [God], or have ever taken the time or interest to marvel at his greatness, to experience his divine love, or to consider his great gift of salvation with his pardon for all their sins, and the gift of eternal life which is there for the taking. They are so very near and yet so very far. And as God's Word says, "How shall we escape if we ignore [neglect] such a great salvation?" – Hebrews 2:3.

Marvel of marvels, how amazing it is that God
Should ever choose to love me, a sinner.
But even more amazing, and far beyond my comprehension,
Is the fact that the Great Creator and LORD of all this vast wide universe,
Wants you and me to love him too!


“Dear God, Please open the eyes of my soul so I can see your unfathomable power in all of creation, and even more, to see and experience your divine love for me—a sinner for whom you gave your life to save me from eternal damnation. Help me to accept your great salvation and learn to love you and live for you in return, in Jesus' name, Amen."


Stay Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!