Hello Barnabas!

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." – Proverbs 16:24.

+++

One day a millionaire, whose pride it was never to offer a tip for any service or , faced an unforgettable tragedy.

His chief accountant committed suicide. The books were found to be in perfect order; the affairs of the dead man, a modest bachelor, were prosperous and calm. The only letter left by the accountant was a brief note to his millionaire employer. It read: 'In 30 years I have never had one word of encouragement. I'm fed up.’

+++

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people don't bother to say ‘thank you’ to the many people who help them or do something for them. I often hold a door open for someone who is following me into a store, the Post Office, or the bank, some of whom walk through without saying a word. Whenever I see our mailman, I always thank him and let him know how much I appreciate his service. I do this to lots of people.

And do we often say thank you and give a word of encouragement to our spouse, our children, our friends, our employer, and to our employees? If we all do this on a daily basis, we can make an impact on the world in which we live.

In the Bible a man named Joseph was given the name of ‘Barnabas’ because it means, "Son of Encouragement."

Let's touch people's lives by being a ‘Barnabas’ to someone today and invariably.

Stay Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!