Popular posts from this blog
I AM, WHO I AM…
“God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." – Exodus 3:14. We see the eternity of God in the name He revealed to Moses: "I AM WHO I AM." What does this mean? At the very least it means that God is self-existent. He is original, the cause, the root, the great mover, the well-spring of all that there is. Many people, especially children, have trouble understanding this. You will probably recognize the following conversation as sounding like one in your own home: +++ "Mommy, who made me?" "God made you, darling." "Well, Mommy, who made the sky and the trees?" "God made the sky and the trees. God made everything." "Mommy, who made God?" One mother who was approached about this dropped what she was doing and sat down with her youngster for a little talk. Pointing to her wedding band, she said, "This is a 'love ring,' which your daddy gave to me when we were married. Look at it closely and tell me where it begins ...
His Word, the Lamp and the Light...
“Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.” – Psalm 119:105. There is power in God’s Word to alter your life. The only way to navigate life’s twists and turns is through God’s Word. +++ Just before the 1988 Winter Olympics, a television program aired that featured blind skiers being trained for slalom skiing. The blind skiers were paired with sighted skiers and were taught how to make right and left turns. Once they mastered that, they were taken to the slalom slope, where their sighted partners skied beside them shouting, “Left!” and “Right!” As they obeyed the commands, the blind skiers were able to navigate the course and cross the finish line depending solely on the skiers’ words. Throughout the course, they were left with the choice of either complete trust or catastrophe. +++ This is a great picture of the Christian life where this world blinds us to how we are to live. But when we, who are blinded by the world, begin to rely on God’s Word to guide our every st...
Comments
Post a Comment