Log In Your Eye....

"Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye." – Matthew 7: 3-5.

+++

An old man walked daily through his village wearing a patched and tattered coat of many colors. A visitor to the village stopped and asked, 'Why do you parade through the streets wearing such a garment? What does it mean?'

The old man replied, 'Each colored patch represents the sins of my neighbors. I don't want them to forget them.'

Then the visitor asked, 'What is the white patch between your shoulder blades?'

Reluctantly the old man answered, 'That is my own sin. I put it where I cannot see it.'

+++

Sometimes we are more interested in the sins of others than in our own sins. Repentance and forgiveness in Christ means that I am more concerned about my own sin than my neighbors. Remember the conversation Jesus had about the log and the eye.

We should be more concerned about our own sins, our own repenting. We should look to Jesus about forgiving our sins.

Not only are we concerned about our own sins, but we must be concerned about the wrong or the harm we do to others. We must learn to seek forgiveness from others and we must be willing to forgive others their wrongs to me.

Blessed Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!