Intercessory Prayer

"God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times." Romans 1:9-10

+++

 

Two men were in a car when they had to stop at a red signal light. The man at the wheel did not say anything.

 

The other man by his side, fretting and fuming, said, "The time we waste at these red lights - why, a man could write a book!"

 

The driver still said nothing.

 

Finally, the man beside him said, "Didn't you hear what I said?"

 

"No."

 

"How come?"

 

"I was talking."

 

"Whom were you talking to?"

 

"I was talking to God," he said. "I've been making it a practice every time I get to a red light to pray for one of my friends. It is wonderful how many folks I have on my prayer list and how many I have time to pray for in this way."

 

Father God, we thank you for how you bring people into our lives. For the many ways you bless us in and through others. Help us to entertain those who will cross our paths today and show them your love through us. Shine through us each and every day Lord. Even in times when people treat us rudely and unfairly. Show us ways to help and encourage others. Amen!

 

Blessed Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!