Facing The Giants...

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit." (Psalm 147:5)

+++

While browsing through a book, my attention fell on a page entitled "Daring to Face the Giants."

It was written, "When David went to meet Goliath, he did not reckon with the size of the one in front of him. Instead he recognized the size of the one behind him."

Moreover, David did not think, “O, what a huge man to beat,” but he thought “O, what and easy target to hit, that you just cannot miss.”

+++

This is a great lesson for us in our everyday life. Our giants are not from Gath, rather they take the form of discouragement, fear, uncertainty, and the like. But, like David, all we need to do is to remember the power of our God. It isn't the size of the obstacle in front of us but the size of the God behind us that counts.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. (Philippians 4:13).

Lord, let me go through this day remembering that this is the day you gave me to spread your light to everyone I touch. When I want to snub, or ignore, or leave, help me see with your eyes – a child of God, a person you came to save, a person that if I love you, I should also love. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

Stay Blessed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!