Don't You Doubt God's Love!

My Father loves me John 10:17 

It was a beautiful day. As I headed home at the end of it, I heard two young girls giggling. They were sprawled on the lawn, pulling petals out of a daisy and chanting. He loves me... he loves me not... he loves me... Silly game, I said to myself. Someday they’ll know that true love isn’t ruled by chance.

 

But you know, old as I am, I’m often just as foolish when it comes to God’s love for me.

 

I get a raise at work; God loves me.

My hours get cut back; He loves me not.

I get a good grade on my test; God loves me.

I can’t get into a class I want; He loves me not.

I become rich; God loves me.

My loved one abandoned me; He loves me not.

 

How silly of me! Why don’t I remember that God loves me all the time, that even my disappointments are part of the love? I don’t need a daisy to tell me that!

 

Dear Abba Father, that my understanding of Your love is sometimes that silly. Thank You for Your Word that assures me of Your love in all circumstances.

 

In Jeremiah 31:3 the Lord says, “I have loved you with an everlasting love…….”

 

Remember God loves in good times and in bad, hence……pull the petals off a flower and with each one declare, “He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, He loves me……………….”

 

You Are Blessed………Stay Blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IHS Email List - 20th April 2016

Cheer Up, Life is Good…

The Joy Of The Lord...!